Recipes of Lasagna
Here’s a recipe for classic lasagna:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped spinach (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, followed by half of the ricotta cheese mixture and half of the spinach (if using). Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Note: You can use any ground meat in this recipe, such as turkey or lamb. You can also use ground sausage, or a combination of different meats. If you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian, you can omit the meat and use more vegetables in place of the ground beef. You can also use gluten-free lasagna noodles if needed.