Recipe for Pancake
Here’s a recipe for classic pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened (a few lumps are okay).
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle, using a ladle or measuring cup to measure out the batter.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges are dry. The pancakes are ready to flip when the surface of the batter looks set and the edges start to look dry.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more cooking spray or butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve the pancakes hot, with butter and syrup or your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
Note: If you’d like to make these pancakes dairy-free, you can use almond milk or another plant-based milk in place of the cow’s milk. You can also use a vegan butter or oil in place of the regular butter. If you’d like to make these pancakes gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour.