To use the script timer tool:
- Open the HTML file in a web browser. You should see a form with two input fields (for reading speed and number of words) and a button labeled “Calculate”.
- Enter your reading speed in words per minute in the “Reading speed” input field.
- Enter the number of words in your script in the “Number of words” input field.
- Click the “Calculate” button. The estimated time to read the script will be displayed below the button.
This tool can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Estimating the length of a voiceover or narration script for a video or audio recording. By entering the reading speed of the narrator and the number of words in the script, the tool can help you determine how long the final recording is likely to be.
- Planning the duration of a presentation or speech. If you know how fast you typically read aloud and how many words you have in your script, you can use the tool to get a rough estimate of how long your presentation is likely to take.
- Time-boxing writing or editing tasks. If you have a specific amount of time available to work on a script or document, you can use the tool to see how much you can reasonably get done in that time based on your reading speed.
Enter your reading speed (words per minute) and the number of words in your script: