Here’s a recipe for classic dumplings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the boiling water, using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop to measure out the dough.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the dumplings for 8-10 minutes, or until they are cooked through and tender.
- Remove the dumplings from the water with a slotted spoon and serve hot. Enjoy!
Note: These dumplings can be served as a side dish or added to soup or stew for a heartier meal. If you’d like to add some herbs or spices to the dumplings, you can try adding a teaspoon of minced fresh herbs or a pinch of dried herbs to the dough. If you’d like to make these dumplings gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour.